Monday, October 26, 2015

Now that my latest book is out, Guardian, I am finding it increasingly difficult to work on the sequel. It should be easier, now that I have that one under my belt, right? Wrong.
Marketing is really what is shutting me down. All of my writing time is spent not on writing and editing, but on marketing the book that I have for sale. A worthy endevour, to be sure, but I really need to get my writing groove back on.
With that I mind, I re-tackled a smaller story and just had it accepted by Ellora's Cave, the publisher of Guardian. At about 15,000 words, Kansas Moon should be either a Quickie or part of an anthology. I am not sure yet what is going to be decided, but, as it is so small, I am okay with either as long as it can get off the ground quickly.
Perhaps with a little more meat to my writing resume I can concentrate not so much on getting my name out there as getting my words out. Next book, coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment